This blog focuses on fiction, mainly contemporary, discussing issues such as elements of autobiography in novels and short stories, the relevance of genre, and the influence of critics, fads and fashions.
- Michelle de Kretser, “The Life to Come”: Engaging and Profound
- Ottessa Moshfegh, “My Year of Rest and Relaxation”
- Helen Garner’s Writing Life: Autobiography and the Fictive Self
- Diana Blackwood’s “Chaconne” and Christina Stead’s “For Love Alone”
- All the World’s a Critic
- Some Comments on “The Stolen Bicycle”, by Wu Ming-Yi